Tuesday, March 17, 2020

OCPAC MIDWEEK LUNCHEONS SUSPENDED

Standing With The President
To Defeat an Invisible Enemy
by Bob Linn
Published Mch 17, 2020
OCPAC LUNCHEONS SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
Calling Americans to avoid gatherings of more than 10 people, President Trump stated, "We have an invisible enemy ... This is a bad one.This is a very bad one."

The President also recommended that the American public avoid eating and drinking at bars, restaurants and food courts.

Because of the President's comments yesterday, the OCPAC executive team unanimously advised me to suspend our public meetings.

For that reason, we will not meet tomorrow at The Greens Country Club. Don't fall asleep, however! We have work to do. Urgent work.
As we all know, Trump is an optimist. A true leader. He continued:

"If everyone makes these critical changes and sacrifices now, we will rally as one nation, and we will defeat the virus, and we're going to have a big celebration together. With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner and turn it quickly."
Martin Luther led the protestant reformation. When he was dealing with The Black Death plague, he wrote these wise words that can help inform the way we approach things happening in our world right now...

“I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God."

Luther's Works Volume 43 pg 132
the letter "Whether one may flee from a Deadly Plague"
written to Rev. Dr. John Hess
LEGISLATURE WILL NEED TO HEAR
FROM YOU SOON.
OCPAC 's Newsletter will let you know.
There is one insidious bill which passed the Senate floor. SB 623. When session re-convenes, we will need your help to make phone calls to stop its progress.

You will continue to receive these weekly newsletters.
Stay tuned as we announce plans for
Wednesday broadcasts on Facebook.

Featured Post

The News Archives of OCPAC

"OCPAC is about religion and politics,  the only two things that matter." -John Michener, President. The mission of O...